Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Twitter with a Purpose

I find with Twitter (where I'm known as @StacieBTX) there are the 'haves' (those who follow Twitter) and the "Have nots" (those who don't follow Twitter).

I don't mean this in a way that if you aren't following Twitter you are going without.  I just find Twitter provides an opportunity to a bigger world.  I love using it more as a professional tool than a social network.  I will save the social networking to Facebook (and Google+ as it tries to grow).

It took me a good 6 months to really get into Twitter.  Although I'm not a die hard user, I do find its benefits and ways to see a bigger world than what I may experience in my experiences.  For example, just this morning, I was able to download several free apps that were shared by @TCEA, find a quick link to the latest info on Apple's IOS cloud thanks to @KathySchrock, learn of free webinars thanks to @TechLearning and view the really cool and interactive Google logo.

So, Twitter is not just another social network.  It is a great way to help yourself keep up or ahead of what is happening in the technology world with a quick click of the button!

FMI - www.twitter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment